Online tickets in Italian train (from Rome to Florence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hejo2015

Hi,

in March we´ll fly to Rome Fiumiciano, and thereafter take a train to Florence. If we buy the train tickets beforehand in Internet, what shall we do in train station Rome Termini? Must we chance the online tickets in the ticket office, or do they accept print and receipt in the train? (I've read that all the tickets must always stamp in special machine on the platform...) The type of train is Frecciarossa or Frecciargento.

Is it possible to buy all the train tickets in all stations? After Florence, we´ll live one week in Siena, and travel by train to Assisi for the Easter. Can we buy the tickets from Florence to Assisi beforehand in Siena railwaystation?

(Never travelled in Italy by train, that's why I ask :) )

And, if you know how long does it take to travel by the airport train from Fiumiciano to Termini, I´d be very grateful. In other words, if our plane arrives at 10 o´clock in the morning, is it possible to take train at 2 o´clock in the afternoon?

Many thanks,
Helena

Trains in Italy

Buongiorno,

I love travelling by train in Italy and I hope you have the same wonderful experience.

The trip from the airport to the train station is about 30 min - and it runs frequently so yes you can definitely plan on the 2pm train. Be sure you are looking at the fast trains when you book - and you can take second class, it is comfortable and more affordable. The airport train drops you at Termini - but it is one of the last tracks and there is a bit of a hike to the other tracks - which the Italians call Binario (or Bin for short). Just follow the crowd.

Definitely get your tickets online, though it is fairly easy to do everything at the train station with the automated ticket dispensers - if you do it online, and print out your ticket then it is just one less thing to worry about. The online tickets have codes on them that the conductors read with a hand held machine so there is no need to time stamp it.

Buon Viaggio

Status
Not open for further replies.