Bus in Chianti to Greve and Panzano

Gerri

In a post begun Aug. 20, 2014 there was good information about traveling through Chianti on the bus from Florence. My two friends and I would like to do a day trip from Florence. We are seniors and I wondered if there was a taxi to take up to the village of Montefioralle from Greve. I fear a walk up hill might be too much for us, and then back down. I understand there are no cars in the village and I think we would be fine wandering the streets. Also are there other villages along the way that might be good to visit?

Bus from Greve to Lamole

Upon further research I learned that there is private set fee transport in Greve. I also learned that there is a bus to Lamole where there is a highly recommended restaurant. If anyone knows the bus well and can tell me if this is feasible and if I am reading the #365 bus schedule correctly I would appreciate that.

On Saturday May 9th take the #365 from Florence at 8:00 to Greve arriving at 8:55.
After browsing the Saturday market and the town take the #365C at 11:30 to Lamole arriving at 11:50. Not sure if there is a walk to il restoro di lamole (the restaurant.) Have lunch.
Take the #365C at 15:00 bake to Greve arriving at 15:20
Take the #365 at 15:40 back to Florence, this one operates on school days and is Saturday only so I hope that it runs on the 9th of May. If not I'd have to wait till 17:00 and would have an hour 29 minutes to perhaps do a wine tasting. I understand there are places in town to do that.

Would this work? Any advice?

Lamole

Buongiorno,

Lamole does have a wonderful little restaurant, and the town is so small that I am sure the bus will drop you off only minutes from the restaurant. You might want to call and make sure you don't need reservations - as spring comes upon Tuscany the foreign tourist starts to compete a bit with the Italian tourists who start to take advantage of the sunny weekends and places fill up at lunch time.

I don't recall any wine tasting places in town....however if you decided to walk down the hill towards Greve you will encounter not only some awesome landscape, but the cultivated fields of iris flowers should start to in bloom in this period. It is about 5km and mostly down hill.

You could look at this stop for wine tasting and/or lunch
http://www.vignamaggio.it/english/wine-visits-tastings-wine-bar.html

I have checked the bus calendar - and to be honest I don't see a lot of options coming back down - the last one appears to be at 3pm. You may need to consider a taxi (which either restaurant can call) for your return to Greve.

Buonviaggio.

How much will the fares be if I may ask.
I do not know the fare. From Florence it looks like no more than 11 Euro round trip but not sure about the local bus to Lamolo. I can not get any info on if this is a reliable way to get to the restaurant and have plenty of time to eat a leisurely lunch.

4 hours in Lamole should be enough time for a leisurely lunch and stroll after!

You can often buy tickets for these regional buses directly on the bus, although in Greve they do have ticket machines as well at the main stop. They are sold for km so you can get all the tickets that you need for the day at the very start and then just use them up throughout the day. Since you're in the main piazza in Greve on Saturday, just ask at the tourist office next to the Comune whether they sell tickets too. If they do, you can get them there and be ready for your day out :)