Traveling around/through Chianti

TaMo

Hi,
this april I want to travel around Tuscany. Among other places is my plan going from Florence to Chianti and then to Siena. I read about buses/trains from Florence to Chianti and back to Florence again, but what about connections from Chianti to Siena? It is possible to go from Florence to Chianti and then continue traveling to Siena?
Thanks for all information :)

Unfortunately, this is by far one of the biggest weaknesses of local transport in Tuscany.

For some reason, there are several bus companies run, it seems, by province. Chianti is partly in the province of Florence and partly in Siena. For some reason, there aren't very many buses at all that make the entire crossing. The line 365 that leaves Florence and goes to Greve sometimes makes it to Panzano (still in Florence province) and only more rarely to Castellina and to Radda (both in the province of Siena). From there you can catch a bus run by Tiemme, the Siena company, to Siena.

Read this http://www.chianti.com/moving-around-chianti/tips-getting-around-chianti.html
and check the bus schedule carefully - you CAN make it all the way to Siena, but it will take careful planning.
And from Castellina or Radda check buses on here to Siena: http://www.busfox.com/timetable/

Thank you very much! :)
Now I have another question - 25. april is a holiday. Does that mean that buses and trains don't drive regularly?

Holidays

Buongiorno,

Exactly, the 25th of April is the Italian Liberation Holiday. It is important to remember that on Sundays and holidays buses and trains follow a different schedule - which normally means less frequently and many times skipping those small little places all together. Be sure to check the hours carefully so you are not stranded.

Buon Viaggio

The Chiantigiana Road

Hello again,

I read about The Chiantigiana Road and that it is the best road if you want to see beautiful Chianti landscapes. Do any buses ride on this road?

Thanks for your answer,

T. :)