Driving through Tuscany

Bluebell

Hello, in mid Summer we are going to drive from Nice (France) via Venice to Slovenia. We thought we would spend 4 nights in Italy with 2 young children (7 & 9 years old). Ideally we'd like to visit Pisa, Florance, Venice and some beach, too. Can you recommend me some places we shouldn't miss. What are the most charming places to see? Also I'll need to book accommodation. Only something very Tuscan B&B I'm looking for. Thank you if you can help.

Beaches near Pisa

Buongiorno -

I just spent the weekend near Forte dei Marmi on the coast at Versilia. This part of the Tuscan coastline is a lovely mix of mountains (the marble of Carrara) and white sandy beaches with many bathing facilities.

Close by, and fun for the kids is also the park area a little further down close to Viareggio. I particularly enjoyed walking around Massaciucoli and then heading over for some fun at the beach. A great way to mix history with summer fun.

Happy Travels

car parking

Hello, this coming November 2018, we are going to drive from Nice (France) via Pisa to Venice. We would spend 1 night at Viareggio (along the Viale Michelangelo Buonarroti). from the hotel information, Public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not possible) and charges apply. can you tell me what is the parking rate at the area? the way to pay for it? the closest parking lot? and is there any restriction in certain day? thank you

Since there are lots of hotels in the area, the vest source of information on the closest parking, hours and rates would be your hotel. I suggest you contact them and ask for detailed information so that you can prepare for your arrival, it has been my experience that they usually have this information to give out to their guests ;-). Usually their sites lack specifics, but they are happy to give it to guests.