Transportation Feedback for Day trip to Florence

iniyog

Hello. We are going to do a day trip from Rome on July 15, and would appreciate some advice regarding transportatation in Florence. We need to take a bus to Via Scopeti 106/108, San Casciano in Val di Pesa, Florence, Italy – 50026 to visit a villa. We would like to be at the villa by 11am.
We should be done at the villa by 2pm. After the villa, we would like to tour some of the main tourist spots in Florence, before taking the train back to Rome. Can you please help me with bus information and timings, starting with the bus we need to go to the villa? While I know Florence tourist attactions are walkable, I think it might be a bit much for my mother to walk it all. If you could suggest the bus route we should follow, and stops we should make for the afternoon sightseeing, I would really appreciate it.
I will book the train from Florence to Rome accordingly (depending on how much time you recommend for the pm sightseeing).
Lastly, any advice of bus passes we can use for the day trip would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Trip outside of Florence

Buongiorno

As per your bus trip to Via Scopeta, it looks as if you would use the Autolinee Chianti Valdarno, bus route 368A (click here for the time table) towards San Fabiano and it leaves from the SITA bus station which is about 100 meters from the SMN Florence Train station (this is the main one where you would be coming into from Rome)

Look at page 25 and you will see a bus that leaves at 9,15 and gets to San Fabbiano at 10,15 ad then on page 14 there is a bus at 14.50 which should get you back in at 15.50

However, I strongly suggest that if you are going to visit a villa that you ask them to give you more detailed info - because it looks like from the bus to the villa there is a bit of a walk to via Scopeti 106/108. They will know better about the more local buses and/or taxi services.

If you want to give me the villas contact info, then I could give them a call and get more details.

Buon Viaggio