Trip to Tuscany but what first and with car ?

RonaldC

Hello,

I'll be visiting Italy in september and had some questions.

First would you recommend arriving at Pisa or Florence airport and from there would you hire a car or take a taxi and hire a car in Florence or from there take public transport(Florence is my major destination so..)
I also like to visit Vinci and go visit and taste a lot of wine areas :)
after that like to drive or walk the nice tuscan landroads

After there i'm thinking about moving to Sienna or san gimignano not decided yet where to stay :)

In the major cities would you always recommend taking a tour and a guide or is it nice to disover many things yourself ? I'm into art and history so.. :)

At last but not least should i be scared about driving around in Tuscany for making accidents or things on the calm, nice landroads or is it okay for driving and parking ?

Thanks in advance,

Ronald

Flying into Tuscany

Buongiorno,

If you can fly into Florence, and if this is your primary destination then I strongly suggest you do so. You can grap a taxi to the city center (25 Euro) and then possibly enjoy a few days without a car roaming the cobble stone alley ways and visiting the museums.

There are several excellent tours you can do in a group which might be ideal for seeing the big cities like Siena, Pisa and sometime its is just more fun to go wine tasting with others. :)

However if you are the type of person who likes a bit of "alone" time then you could program picking up the car for a day or two and travel down into Chianti and as far as Montalcino to explore the countryside, picture perfect photo opportunities and small towns. I would even suggest looking for at least one or two nights sleeping outside of Florence so you get the full experience. Have a look at this B&B in San Gimignano

Buon Viaggio

Thank you very much ! :)
Helps me a lot !

Yes i will do some tours in group i think and also alone.
For the rest i'll follow your tip and stay a few days in San Gimignano and visit Montalcino.

After all this i'll head back north and maybe still visit Vinci (Leonardo's home), cause i don't find any tours about

Again many thanks for the help and quick response.
I see you help everyone as fast as you can here how you do it haha.
If ever can do anything, small donation or something for here, just ask !

i'll be glad to

greetings

Ronald

Last edited: