www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Gimingiano and Siena

Default San Gimingiano and Siena

I will have a free day from a package tour to travel outside of Florence. No car. Is there any sense in trying to see San Gimignano and Siena by bus in the same day, or do I need to choose just one (and if just one, which would you recommend)?

If you only have the one day and want to do it on your own (in the sense of not joining another tour that would include both towns), I would suggest choosing Siena over San Gimignano. It is easier to reach (direct bus from Florence with no stops) and there is lots to see!

If you want to see both, then I would recommend a tour - you can either do a group tour
    or a private tour to get you the private transport between each of the towns (although it is pricey).
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Default Tour of Siena and San Gimignano

We will stay in Florence for 4 days. And we would like to join a tour of San Gimignano and Siena.Is it too tight to include Assisi for the same day.
    Thank you.

Default Assisi and Siena

Hello Dino -

Assisi is definitely a stretch when you are visiting Siena and San Gimignano. Assisi & Perugia, even add in Lake Trasmineo, would all work together for a one day tour but the distances alone make it impossible together with the other two cities.

Siena and San Gimignano offer so much to see that even putting the two of them together will have you rushing thru them all the same. Be sure to check out the inside of the Duomo in Siena, the floor is absolutely beautiful.

Buon Viaggio

Default Siena and San Gimignano

Thank you for the reply. We have moved our Assisi trip when we get to Rome. From Florence, we plan to go to Siena and San Gimignano only. Yes, that is a stretch but would like to optimize our time.
    Our question, is the best Bus route to go to Siena first and then San Gimignanao and not the other way around?

So our planned route will be from Florence to Siena to San Gimignano and back to Florence. It seems going back, one of the stops will be Poggibonsi? Is this correct? Initial plan is spend whole morning until after lunch in Siena and late afternoon in San Gimignano and back early evening in Florence.

Does it makes sense. Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,

Dino

Default travelling from Siena to San Gimignano

Buongiorno,

Have a a look at this link for the time schedule for Florence Siena (practically a non stop trip)

You can check out this link for the departure times from Siena to San Gimignano

This link will give you some practical info for making the trip: http://www.discovertuscany.com/siena...out-a-car.html

However you might also want to look into an organized tour which will give you more time to enjoy the cities and less time worrying about organizing your transport.

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise

Default Thank you

Thank you Donna for the suggestions and will take a look at the links you provided.

Regards,

Dino

Default When in May 2016 is Medieval Festival Serremaggio will be held.

Hi, first of all thank you for the Forum Lourdes. I am planning a trip to Italy next year and like to see Tuscany for the first time. Besides beautiful villages and amazing view I am very intersted in history and related Festivals. I saw your writing on Serremaggio in Serre Di Rapolano and like to plan my trip to coincide with this. Please tell me if you know when it will be held in 2016 thank you so much.

Default Serre di Rapolano

Buongiorno,

Normally the event takes place during the two weekends in the middle of May. Many times these events are established dates depending on the first, second, third or last Saturday and/or Sunday of the month. However, I have not found any specific indications for the Serremaggio. In addition, the first weekend of May 2016 is only a Sunday so it makes a bit difficult to know for sure. Looking at past events it seems to be the second and third weekend of May.

When the offices open again on Monday, I will try to contact them for more information and then update the article online with more details: http://www.discovertuscany.com/crete...-rapolano.html.

Buon Viaggio.

You can also keep tabs by checking the Serremaggio site here: http://www.serremaggio.it/
    and follow their FB page to get updates closer to the dates: https://www.facebook.com/Serremaggio

Of course, to better plan your trip to likely match the festival, I would suggest making sure you include a weekend in the first half of May 2016, for example May 13-16th as that was one of the weekends from last year ;-)
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Share and Bookmark!