Florence - san gimignano - ... ?

RonaldC

Ciao,

Hello i'm staying from 6th of september till at least 15 or 16th In Tuscany on my own (I think 10 days is enough, good, right ?)
I was thinking to stay 5 or 6 days in Florence (doing some tours) and on DonnaDenise advice rent a car and go drive through the Chianti area and to san gimignano for a day or 2. This is enough ?

After this i'm a little bit lost.. Should i go back to Florence and book another hotel for the couple of days left or somewere else around ? Cause i still need to bring the car back i think.

If you have any tips for some nice Chianti, wine tours.. it would be nice i was thinking about Montalcino ? :eek:

I also hope to visit Vinci (Leonardo's hometown) on my own cause i can't find any tours about it)
And if you know any good guides or must do's, you can always let me know. (Yes i like alone travelling; ;-) )

*Ps: a thank you to DonnaDenise for the first time when i asked something here and she helped good*

You are very welcome

Montalcino is a great addition to your intinerary. Make it for an entire day (because Chianti should be a day trip all on its own with Greve, Radda, Giaole and more)

For Montalcino look at adding Buonconvento, Pienza or Bagno Vignoni

look into these two vineyards for wine tasting - some of my favorites (I'm not sure if I already told you about them....):

Altesino between Montalcino and Buonconvento - historic cantina, beatutiful views. I have been here and they have a nice tour of the cantina

http://www.agriturismopietrafitta.com/en/winery-san-gimignano-tuscany.html
Castelnuovo Tancredi - the last time I was here, the person who did the tour was quite the character (fun type!) The farm is truly amazing.

Have a great time

Ciao Ronald,

With 10 days, you could break up your time thus:
4 days in Florence - rent car when you leave Florence
6 days in Tuscany -
you could base yourself in one area as a base or divide it into 2 places, one in Chianti, the other in southern Tuscany in the Val d'Orcia.

In Chianti - spend time exploring Chianti and all the hilltop villages/towns, go to Monteriggioni, Colle Val d'Elsa, Volterra, San Gimignano and Siena

In Val d'Orcia - Montalcino (go to Sant'Antimo ABbey), San Quirico, Pienza, Montepulciano, Arezzo, Cortona, Buonconvento and drive to Asciano for panoramic views with stop at the Monte Oliveto Maggiore Abbey

There is lots to see and do, so just remain flexible on your daily trips out and also spend time wherever you are based at - especially if the weather is nice and there is a pool ;)

For accommodation, start your search here: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/

Grazie

Ok,

thank you very much with these info i am sure i can fill up my trip to Tuscany !

You 2 rock ! :)

Keep doing what you do we all love it.

Grazie,

Ronald :eek: