Sienna to montalcino, montepulciano & pienza

Tanuja

Hi, I am planning to visit Tuscany at the end of Aug for around 1 week. My base would be Sienna and from there would like to make day trips to Arezzo, Cortona, montalcino, montepulciano, pienza. Is it possible to travel to these places by bus. Are there buses available from Sienna to these places. If yes, can you please send the weblink (hopefully info available in English). Thnx

You can travel to all of these places by bus, although it will be time consuming as bus service is not that great.

You can search for the timetables using this site: http://www.busfox.com/timetable/
but also map the routes on Google Maps - it has that "bus" icon at the top of the search box that also gives you info on buses.

Hi, I am planning to visit Tuscany at the end of Aug for around 1 week. My base would be Sienna and from there would like to make day trips to Arezzo, Cortona, montalcino, montepulciano, pienza. Is it possible to travel to these places by bus. Are there buses available from Sienna to these places. If yes, can you please send the weblink (hopefully info available in English). Thnx

Thanks a lot Lourdes. I know car will be a better option, but I am travelling on my own and so would prefer public transport instead of renting a car.

Organized Tours

Buongiorno

Siena to Arezzo has a rather regular schedule and you shouldn't have any problems doing that trip on your own. For Cortona you might look at coordinating Siena - Arezzo - Cortona and you would be catching a train to Cortona and then a bus to the city center...it is a bit of a trip. However just as lovely, could catch a bus into Monteriggioni or San Gimignano from Siena - and they are both easier to get to and just as lovely to visit.

However going into southern Tuscany is probably more problematic. You could look at doing an organized tour for that area.

Buon Viaggio
Donna Denise