Pisa Car Parking near centrale Station

Dorotta Kndrck

Hi,
in coming days I will be travelling from Lucca to Cinque Terre. Is it a goog idea to travel by car from Lucca to Pisa ( and then change for a train) or better to La Spezia? I cannot find any parkings close to Pisa's Centrale Statione. Any help or advice?

Please note, that we will be coming back late at night and very tired = not happy to walk for a long distance back to the car.
Thanks in advance.
dorotta

Buongiorno,

It is a bit of guess work - you can take the train from La Spezia to Lucca - and yes you will have to change. This normally isn't a problem - but if you are coming back late there is always that off chance that the times won't coincide (or you miss the connections and spend lots of time waiting for the next one)....though if everything goes smoothly it also means not a lot of driving when you are already tired.

I have just recently driven Lucca - Pisa Airport and the main highway is very easy to navigate, so it is not a bad drive between the two. However, I do know that if you are coming back late - everything seems larger than life (so to speak ;-) )

Check out the link below for parking near the Pisa train station (I included the address below as well)

http://www.discovertuscany.com/pisa/where-to-park-in-pisa.html

Parcheggio Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II
56125 Pisa PI

Buon Viaggio,

Donna