www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended places to visit and hotel

Post Recommended places to visit and hotel

Hi Lourdes
    on coming march... this will be my first trip to Tuscany, i will love to visit the famous tuscany hills..something like chianti, see the winery, see the villas ( just like the movies Under the Tuscan sun hehe ) and the other surrounding area, more to enjoy the scenery. but i dont mind to see the historical building as well.
    im coming with elderly and plan to stay 2-3 nights at chianti area , and should i spend few nights at florence the city ?
    i will be coming from Milan, so 1. do you have anything to suggest which places i should go ?
    2. where i should stay ? 3. should i drive ? is it difficult to drive in tuscany especially the hills part ?
    waiting kindly for your response. thanks alot.

Default Coming from Milan

Buongiorno!

I love Tuscany in the spring (March included :-) ) Things are just starting to get green and places are not crowded.

Coming from Milan, especially with some elderly in tow, you might appreciate the train. It is comfortable, there are bathrooms, I am sure you will find someone to help load and unload the luggage and in my experience it is warm! and fast.

You arrive in Florence and I suggest that you immediately spend 2-3 days in the city center. Once you are here you can tour on your own or you could look into the golf cart tours, which allow you to see the city, with a guide (even the historic city center) without all the walking. And though the center is pretty concentrated, if the people you are with have limited energy, then have them spend it enjoying the museums. I have seen these tours around Florence, and a friend used them with his parents (in their 80's) and they all loved it: http://www.ecogreentours.eu/

You could study this itinerary to see what there is out there to explore: http://www.visitflorence.com/itinera...ineraries.html

For a fun place to eat that gives you an overview of Tuscany and its culinary delights - head over to Mercato Centrale, I love it.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Default hotel in florence and outskirts ?

hi Donna

thank you for your reply.
    i will go thru you recommendation.
    anyway can you suggest which hotels best to stay.. which not far from center city, perhaps somewhere near the san lorenzo market ? but not too expensive.
    how about if i would like to experience the outskirts ..any hotel best to stay ?
    im still confuse, should i get local tour to show me around outskirts ? but still stay in florence , or should i rent car and move around with my things ?

thank you

Default Outskirts

Hi -

I personally would not think of the area around San Lorenzo as the outskirts...you are still pretty central there. If you want a smaller, more residential area check out this hotel which is still close enough to make a taxi trip easy or even to catch the train at Campo di Marte for travelling to Rome or Milan (just be sure your ticket is for Campo di Marte with NO train changes involved otherwise its just not worth the hassel to take that train!!): http://www.florenceaccommodation.com...o-mediceo.html

If you like driving - then definitely get a car and explore. However, there are some excellent tours that will save you a lot of hassel and do some great trips, check out this link to see what they offer.

Have Fun,

Donna Denise

Post hotel in Outskirts

Hi again

any hotel recommend for nice hotel etc to stay outskirts ? possible can experience and see the lovely tuscany hills. which region ?

thanks

Default Absolutely

how about two B&Bs?

Casa Palmira - you can even use public transport back and forth to Florence

Poggio al Sole minutes from Fiesole and Florence

or if you want a hotel:

villa Tolomei

PS these links will have you booking directly with the owners!

Default Recommended train to travel among Europe ?

Hi There

thanks for the reply.
    can you give me any suggestion travel to Paris from Rome or florence ,
    1. by train is better ? which train is safe ?
    2. or By plane ?

thanks

I would suggest you look at the flights between Florence (or Pisa) and Rome and see how much they cost.
    Many of the low-cost carriers in Europe fly in and out of Pisa which is just an hour from Florence (by bus or train).

Train travel is not necessarily much cheaper, and since the trip is long, all trains travel at night (and thus even slower) so that you arrive the next morning. To be "rested", you'll need to get a couchette/bed to really try to rest.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!

Default Suggestion to my Tuscany Itenary

Hi there

thanks for your quick response.
    can you try help me out with this Itenary that i make for coming March ,
    14th arrive at Milan
    15 at Milan
    16 train to Florence - stay 2 nights. any suggestion good place to stay around san lorenzo is better or Santa maria Novella ?
    17 explore Florence
    18 rent car to Chianti and end up in san Gimignano.
    19 drive thru sienna and stay a night
    20 How bout Cinque Terre ? stay 2 nights enough ?
    21 Cinque terre
    22 back to Firenze , and go Rome by train ?
    23 Rome
    24 Rome - Paris ,
    25 Paris
    26 Paris
    27 Paris - Milan.

do you have any better suggestion ? should i skip Rome, and go straight to Paris?
    and can spend 1 more nigh at CT, and one more night at Paris ?
    i must fly back from MiLAN in between 27 or 28

can you recommend any train to travel to Paris?? if i dont take the Plane.

thanks alot

Default CT from Florence

Hi -

I suggest you look at flip flopping your itin just a bit. Do CT from Florence first and instead of a car go with a train. A car can slow you down, especially when it is more fun to be taxing the train up and down the coast as well as a boat or ferry!

Once back in Florence rent the car and drive the Tuscan countryside before flying out to Paris.

A presto,

Donna Denise

Share and Bookmark!