Question on Bus Timetable

Thanatael

Hi all. I have a couple of questions regarding the bus timetable particularly the journey from Siena to Pienza and also from Montepulciano to Chiusi.
I managed to find this timetable online
http://www.sitabus.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Siena-S.-Quirico-Pienza-Montepulciano.pdf

Firstly, for Siena to Pienza, I plan to take the bus on a Saturday, 25th June 2016.
On page 18, bus 112/A the last two buses from Siena to Pienza would be at 1645(Estivo is summer) and 1745.

Secondly, for Montepulciano to Chiusi, I plan to take the bus on a Sunday, 26th June 2016.
On page 126, bus F_T4/A the last two buses from Montepulciano to Chiusi that will reach Chiusi before 1700 would be ID 6176 and 6700 (Both Estivo buses).

I am very worried about the bus frequencies on a weekend in the countryside.
Could someone verify this information for me please?

Reading the time schedule

Buongiorno,

I know how confusing it can be trying to read the bus and train schedules (especially in another country)

As far as the TIMES in summer that they leave, you are reading it correctly.

HOWEVER, you also need to read the times together with the VALIDITA'/FREQUENZA. On this timetable they use symbols to indicate the acutal days that they travel. The two criss-crossing hammers mean work days (Monday - Friay). Normally if they want to indicated a Sunday they will have a little cross (look at page 10 you will see a cross). Satudays will be indicated with SAB (for sabato which is the Italian word for Saturday - see page 15...the letter abbreviations stand for the exact day of the week). When the space in V/F i blank it means it runs all the time....and I will be honest the A with a circle around it has me a bit baffled :eek:

Having said this - the buses you are looking at do not seem to run on the weekend (at anytime at all...which quite honestly seems a bit strange, normally it is really reduced in the number of times - NOT inexsistent).

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise

I would suggest you plug in your dates and times on this great and useful site:
http://www.busfox.com/timetable/
which is from the bus company Tiemme and matches various buses to figure out solutions you might otherwise not have seen or found just by studying the timetable.

There are various solutions to get to Pienza on that Saturday, with the latest departing Siena around 5:45pm.

But yes, the most worrying is that there does't seem to be any buses on Sunday from Montepulciano to Chiusi - which just means you will have to spend one more night in Montepulciano. If you check for Monday, there are several buses in the morning to get you to Chiusi.

Cab

Hi -

you will definitely need to reserve a cab for this trip and your local accommodations might be able to help you better with local contacts.

Or you can do a search in for a NCC in the Montepulciano area (with is a Italian for a driver with a car/taxi). This link from the local government lists the authorized drivers in the area and many have an email address.

I would start with the accommodations, they normally always have a contact (or a friend of a friend :eek:)

Have Fun!
Donna Denise