Trains to Barga, Lucca from Florence

Amrita

I want to explore Chianti / Tuscany in July. I know this is rather late, but here goes: I have booked an apartment in florence for 3 days. Before that I want to stay for 7 nights somewhere in a small town: in my dreams this will be in a place with a stunning view of the countryside, within walking distance of a nice bakery (!) and a train station. I do not want to rent a car. Reading the posts above I realize that I can stay in florence the whole time. However, it will be lovely to stay in a smaller place for a few days. Please help - are there any small towns like this?

I am travelling with a friend from Rome to Florence. Our hotel is in Barga, Lucca. If we take the high speed train to Florence, at which station should we disembark?what is the fastest way to Lucca? Bus or Train? If train, which are the connecting train stations? where can we get a bus to our hotel?

Getting to Barga

Buongiorno,

You will get off the train at Firenze SMN (that is the Santa Maria Novella Stop).

This article here should help you with getting to Barga.

From Florence you can decide if you want to take the train to Pisa Central or go directly to Lucca. I would opt for Lucca - so you have more options to get to Barga...I would also talk to the hotel you are staying in - just to be sure they don't offer a shuttle service and they will definitely know if there is a bus that will deliver you close to their doorsteps.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise.