Where to stay for 2 Nights in Chianti for Wine tasting (with a car)

Angela Busby

Ciao!

My husband and I are visiting Tuscany in October and after 2 nights in Florence we are driving to Chianti region for 2 nights (20-22nd Oct) to spend a few days visiting different wineries ... and possibly seeing San Gimignano as well.

We will have a car but if we are drinking we'd rather have the option not to drive (either take a bus tour that stops at alot of wineries - can anyone recommend?) or stay in/near a town that has a number of wineries walking distance.

We love the small, medievil towns with cobble stone streets (much more than the modern/big towns).

Any suggestions on where we should base ourselves in Chianti? And any good farm houses to stay at that are walking distance to town/a few wineries? (our budget is around 70 Euro per night)

Thank you in advance!!! :D
Angela

my opinion

Hello,

It depends on what kind of winneries you are looking for.
The family owned estate/farmhouse winneries are usually not easily reachble on foot.
On the other hand, you could stay in a city like San Gimignano which is full of "enoteche", small bar like establishments that offer a huge variety of wines to try.

Im sure someone alse will provide some options for taking buses, as im not personally very informed in this regard.

Wine tasting

Buongiorno,

I will have to agree with Leonardo, most vineyards are not within walking distance of a town or have their offices and cantine in the walls of a small town.

However, you can read this article for some more ideas about wine tasting without a car Greve in Chianti might be one of the easier solutions: you can reach Uzzano & Azienda Agricola Montefioralle Winery (just outside the town). are two of my favorites.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise