Overnight car parking for two days near Florence

Sparkyhunter

We are visiting Florence 9-11 June, staying in an apartment near the Boboli Gardens. We collect our car at Pisa early Thursday morning and would like to drive to near Florence (South) to leave our car for two days and get the bus/train/tram into the city as we don't plan on driving when in Florence. After our stay we are driving futher South. Can anyone please advise on a safe car park to leave our car unattended for this time. We are happy to get transport to the city but would just like to find somewhere to park the car, happy to pay for the time it's there but know it will be there on our return! We've been it Italy many times but always got the train to Florence. Many thanks.

car rental

Buongiorno -

so I am wondering why you don't just take the shuttle to Florence (less than an hour between the airport and SMN train station) and then pick up your car rental in Florence when you are ready to use the car. You would save yourself two rental days ... that's a lot of gelato :eek:

Otherwise...if you want to there is a small public parking lot at Piazza Niccolò Rodolico - right in front of the church (sounds safe, right? ;)). You can catch the bus ATAF 31 o 32 into town from there (10 - 15 min ride) I leave my car here when I go to work in the city - and the bus is really just 20 meters away on Via del Cimitero dei Pini

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise.

Hi , that was our original plan but things changed! We've Sen there is an p & r facility at Bottai....would it be ok to leave the car here for two/three days?

parking

as you exit the Autostrada and pay your toll there is a round-a-bout. Take the 3rd exit (heading into Florence) and approximately 20 - 30 meters to your left is a parking lot (a ramp going down).

I don't know how safe it is, I have used it for a day or an afternoon - but not overnight.

There should be a bus stop close by that will take you into the city center.

There isn't always a lot of space.

Donna Denise