Moving around Florence by bus and taxi

Atekade

Hello there,

I'll be joining a choral event in Florence in a week and I'd appreciate any help for the following expected movements, either by bus or by taxi, just to be on the safe side.

Florence airport to Conference Florentia Hotel in Via Giovanni Agnelli, 33, 50126 Firenze, Italy (to and from)

Circolo Ricreativo Piero Boncinelli Di Ripoli, 209/E 50126 Firenze to Florentia Hotel

Conference Florentia Hotel to Chiesa di Ognissanti in Borgo Ognissanti, 42, 50123 Firenze, Italy (to and from)

I'm really looking forward to this event and I wouldnt want to worry too much about getting lost in transportation problems.

Thanks a lot :)

Public transport

Buongiorno

you will be using the bus ATAF either 31 or 32 (These vary the strada in the direction Grassina BUT you will pick it up going in the opposite direction and they are exactly the same in that direction - so they are interchangable!). From the hotel you need to walk about 750 meters - its not that bad, there is a main road with a round about that you have to cross but there are cross walks. The hotel should be able to give you precise directions on how to arrive to the bus stop. You will get off at the stop right after the FIRST round about once you get on the bus (about four stops). From here it is a short walk - very easy with sidewalks. If you google it, you will get precise info. (I use this bus to go to work every day). It runs pretty regularly - but it is not a late night bus. However the Circolo should be able to help you get a taxi back.

You can use the same bus to get to Borgo Ognisanti - you will use the same bus ATAF either 31 or 32. and get off at Piazza Beccaria - where you can pick up the C3 (your ticket should still be valid!) and this will take you about 8 stops (along the Arno river) and then you walk the last few meters. This is the second option on Google maps.

From here you might need a taxi if you are going back to the hotel late. The 31 /32 do run later - but without Italian language skills I wouldn't suggest using it because you need to reserve like you would a taxi.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

PS the stops are not precise because they don't have to stop at all of them - so it is important you know where you want to get off. You can tell the driver, they are pretty good about helping you out. The first is the Badia di Ripoli and the second is Piazza Beccaria.

Dear Donna Denise,

Thanks a lot for all the useful explanations. Is there any color difference between the ATAF buses and the C3 you mentioned?

Lastly, what about going from the airport to the Conference Florentia hotel? What is the easiest way? How much would a taxi cost for this transfer?

Thanks a lot :)

Ataf

there is no different color - the C3 is still run by ATAF - however it is a mini bus, so it is much smaller.

I really don't know how much the taxi will cost, however you should be able to contact them and ask. The hotel should have a good idea of how much a taxi cost - AND they may have a shuttle or another alternative.

Donna Denise