Paid parking outside Florence for two days

I have read the other parking posts, but can't find my answer.

I am traveling from Montalcino to Florence and have a car. Our hotel is in the center of Florence--Firenze Number Nine for 3 days. I am an experienced driver in Italy and know better than to take the car into Florence center. I want to do what I do every time I go to Siena and other big towns--leave my car in a garage outside of town and taxi in. But this will be the first time I've ever stayed downtown. Normally I stay in Fiesole, which is easy driving and parking at the Villa Fiesole, but I want to sleep in the heart of town this time rather than taking taxis/busses night and morning.

Which garage in Florence do you recommend for a quick car drop off so we can be on our way and the car be relatively safe? I understand there will be a daily cost and I'm fine paying for convenience. The other posts seem to be about free parking.

Glad to hear you're well-aware of the dangers of driving in the ZTL! :D So many people only realize it AFTER they get here.

Your hotel is very central so while the closest 2 lots are the ones under the San Lorenzo market and the one at the train station, they are also the most expensive and not recommended for multiple days. (unless cost is no problem).

The two options I offer are: the public parking garage at Parterre in Piazza della Liberta' which offers day passes or a private garage downtown (where your car will be inside and entrance into the ZTL is covered.

Take a look at this page:
https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-maps/parking-lots-in-florence.html
The first is covered in the bottom part, while the second is covered under "private garages" toward the beginning. To find the best one, you can so a search on Parclick - the Quick Garage Centrale on Via dei Fossi is 24 euro per day and the closest to your hotel. You can book ahead of time on that site (disclosure: affiliate link above ;-)).

Thanks - almost what I was looking for - one more question

Thanks Lourdes. I am actually hoping to drop the car further out, and taking a taxi in, so I don't need close parking. My hotel is suggesting Il Giglio 2 and they say it is outside Florence, but it is North, not South so it means more driving for us. What do you think? Or is there a garage you would recommend outside the city so we know we don't have to drive inside Florence proper?

Found one option from Parclick?

Garage Gioberti from Parclick looks like a good drop off, but not sure if we are still in big city traffic at that point.

Garage Gioberti would be perfect, you are at the far end of Via Gioberti away from the ZTL area so distant enough that even if you take a wrong turn on a one-way street you don't risk getting into the ZTL. Nearby is also the Piazza ALBERTI parking lot (right by the Burger King) so you can also look into that one.

It is in my area of town so I can tell you, as you drive in from southern Florence, you turn right on Via de Sanctis and make your way around Piazza Alberti to get to Via Gioberti there is normal local Florence traffic depending on the hour you arrive. It is much better than finding yourself on the large ring boulevard that surrounds the center, so I would suggest either of the two structures.

You can and should take a taxi in with suitcases -- but via Gioberti is about 20 min walk from the Duomo so you should also walk along that route between center and out to enjoy the shops and cafes along the way passing under the old city door that now stands in the middle of Piazza Beccaria ;-)

Parking at airport with Parclick

I was about to book Gioberti garage and see that the Parclick garage at the Firenze airport is 1/3 the price. I know we have to take a taxi to/from our hotel. How far away is the airport? It would save us 50 euro in parking, but maybe the taxi will be a lot more from the airport?

From the airport, you can get the fixed taxi fare to downtown of 20 euros. So that will be be 40 euros round trip -- a net savings of 10 euros.

I think from the airport parking, you'll first need to take the shuttle from there to the airport to then pick up the taxi. If you call the taxi to the parking garage, I am not sure whether you can get the fixed taxi cab (which also does not include cost per piece of baggage).

take a look at this http://www.visitflorence.com/getting-to-florence/by-air.html
and this http://www.visitflorence.com/moving-around-florence/by-taxi.html