Avoiding the ZTL zone whilst collecting from Florence train station

Danielle

Hi there,
We are driving to collect my sister from the Santa Maria Novella train station in Florence, then driving out immediately. I realise this is in the ZTL zone so could you advise me where a good place for my husband to park/ wait outside this zone, whilst I run in to meet her?
Also could you suggest a visibly obvious meeting spot or coffee shop for when she arrives?
Many thanks
Danielle

avoiding ZTL & traffic

Buongiorno,

If your sister wouldn't mind walking just a little bit, I would suggest that she meet you outside of the train zone - traffic is really just a mess. Personally this is an area I avoid it as much as possible when in a car, it used to be a lot easier to navigate but lately with all the work on the new tram, it is quite congested.

For example, you could wait at the Cafè Dolcesalato. Park your car before that intersection or along Via Ventisette Aprile, so you can avoid ZTL and traffic.

https://www.google.it/maps/dir/Dolc...826bdc6c329!2m2!1d11.2478839!2d43.7765223!3e2

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Just to add to the suggestion Donna has offered above, you'll wait to park before or turn right on Via Ventisette Aprile to not head toward the station. There is work all around for the new tram lines and streets have changed direction while some are closed, creating quite a bit of traffic in the area so it is best to avoid the station. He can park there and you can walk down Via Nazionale to meet her or he can also park by the Fortezza da Basso (there is a parking lot on Piazzale Montelungo) and you can walk toward the station. Easy place to meet up at the station itself would be at Reale Firenze, an eatery outside the station on the northen end (along the street that heads to Piazzale Montelungo). They have outdoor space where she can wait if the weather is nice, or indoors as well.