www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Travel by train around Tuscany

itsmegeorge is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Train travel from Tuscany to Chateauroux, France

Hello, after a week in Tuscany, we'd like to travel by train to Chateauroux, France. We'd prefer to travel the coast of Italy and France as much as possible over 3-4 days. We would be starting at the train station- Stazione di Camucia-Cortona. Any recommendations of which areas to travel to/through and where to stay? Thank you very much for your advice!

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

From Cortona you can head to Florence, from there west to either Pisa or Lucca and then head north.
    You could do a stop just north of Lucca in the Viareggio area or further north in the Cinque Terre - or skip that entirely and head to Genova and then up to Ventimiglia. If you have the time, I'd suggest a night in Viareggio, 2 in CT and then another north of there... I've heard Sanremo is really nice but I can't confirm from personal experience. I don't know the French riviera either but another possibility is Nice -- maybe once you look at train schedules and figure out what the best route is for the train to your final stop, maybe you'll be able to narrow down some choices?
    Where to stay in Tuscany? Read this if you will have a car and this if you won't!
    When is the best time to visit? Make sure to read this!

Share and Bookmark!

Share and Bookmark!