Tips from Italian lovers

Hello,

I really apprenciate this forum, last week I was reading all tips from Tuscany.
As I have written before I will be in 18th March in Tuscany with my husband and my baby boy (1 year old) for 10 days and we have already rent our accommodation according the tips that I received here.
We will arrive by Rome and drive by car to Gaiole in Chianti (we booked a house for 5 days) than we will move to Sarteano and spend more 5 days (in another house).
I would like some tips what should we definitely visit and see to plan this 10 days. We love nature, wine, local food and we are not so fan of big cities and we will be with a car the entire trip. We are not planning to spend too much days in Florence to see more of others citites.
I read about some bagni (San Filippo), we would like to visit some farm (olive and wine), castle, check the cheese in Pienza and be lost in diferente villages.
Could you help us advising what to do and where to go? I would like to book or plan our trip.
Thanks very much!
Carolina Cociolito

Things to do

Buongiorno,

March is such a great time, because you are half way into spring but there are still some time fresh winter days on the calendar.

I suggest you read this article on Cheese - which will give you some ideas of farms you can visit, there are a few that even mix wine and cheese (delicious).

This category has several wine tasting ideas that along the route you will take when you change from one accommodation to the other (especially Brunello country and Orcia DOC)

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

From Gaiole, you can visit:
Florence
Siena + Monteriggioni
the hilltowns in Chianti - Radda, Castellina, San Donato in Poggio, Panzano and Greve
San Gimignano + Colle Val d'Elsa

From Sarteano, visit and explore the area:
Bagni San Filippo+Bagno Vignoni as far as hot springs go
Montepulciano + Pienza
San Quirico + Montalcino + Sant'Antimo Abbey
Cortona + Arezzo

Not filling up every single day so that you have flexibility to spread out these cities more in the days you have in each of the two areas ;-).

Once you're in the area, make sure to stop at the tourism offices/points to get maps and info on current events. Many are not publicized ahead of time, and in the meantime, you can take a look at out Events section and check out March and see what is going on: http://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-events/ For now, the events are still from last year and we will update in February as we learn what's going on the following month.