Driver from Civitavecchia to Tuscany region suggestion?

hsprague

Hello,

My husband and I would like to hire a reputable driver to take us from our cruise ship port to the Tuscan region for a day of sight seeing and wine tours. Does anyone have a driver to recommend? We will be going in October 2017 and we do NOT have to get back on the ship that day although we will be staying the night in Rome so we probably don't want to get too far north in the region. Also, suggestions on wineries and must-see places are welcome!

Thank you very much.

Driver

Buongiorno,

I have used Simone Mazzini (essemazzini@gmail.com - or you can look him up on What's App +39 334 705 3211)

However, if you are going to going back to Rome you might want to check out a driver who starts in Rome - and not in Tuscany (lots of extra driving...) I have no contacts for Drivers in Rome. Though you should price him out all the same - he may still give you a good offer.

As for vineyards closer to the south of Tuscany, read through this article for an itinerary around Montepulciano.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Average Price

Buongiorno,

Your price is really going to depend on where and how long. The drivers normally offer 8 hour days and try to stay within a rane of 200 - 250 km from your departure point.

Your best bet is to shop around and get several quotes. Try the people listed above - and then compare on-line with other NCC drivers in Tuscany. The last time I got a quote (2015) was for a full day (Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Winetasting stop and return to Florence), we were in 7 and the day cost 450 Euro plus 10% tax and a tip to be included.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise