Driving from CT to San Leonino

OnHoliday13

My husband and I will be driving from Cinque Terre to our hotel in San Leonino on a Monday. We are trying to decide which route to take and what stops to make. I note that it is a Monday, as I know major sites are closed on Mondays in Florence. Otherwise, we would just do a day in Florence. So we are thinking Pisa, Volterra, and maybe some wineries. What are your favorites to add to a drive through that area? And, what do you love about Volterra or elsewhere? Thanks!

Driving to San Leonino

Buongiorno,

You could look at an itinerary that keeps you along the coast until Cecina, and from there head inwards (Guardistallo, Montescudaio) and then Volterra before heading over to San Leonino. The trip with no stops is 3 hours, but if you take it at a relaxed pass, maybe stopping in Volterra or along the road for lunch - it is a beautiful drive.

I particularly enjoy the hills between Cecina and Colle di val d'Elsa - so different from the rest of Chianti and Tuscany...almost like those of the Crete Senese but there is just some so mystical about them.

Here is a link to a possible itin.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise