Is Montepulciano a "central" location for my plans?

owensville

Good morning -

My friends and I are planning a trip to Tuscany this fall. We want to minimize the amount of moving around between hotels and prefer to find somewhere we can stay a full week and just take day trips via car or train to see the surrounding area. We would like to see Montepulciano/Pienza/Places in Val d'Orcia, visit wineries in Chianti and see the museums and art in Florence.

We are considering a farmhouse stay in Montepulciano - but I'm not sure this is a central enough location given our plans, or if we should look to stay someplace else that would mean less driving around for us.

We came to Tuscany just for the day 2 years ago and fell in love with Montepulciano and Pienza, so beautiful! Any suggestions are welcome - thank you for sharing your advice!

v/r

Laura

Central Location

Buongiorno,

It sounds as if most of the things you want to see are located more in south Tuscany - so absolutely, Montepulcinao is a great place to base yourself.

The day trip to Florence to see the museums, will be an easy drive on the Autostrada which is well kept and easy to navigate.

Don't forget to include a few wine tastings in the area - its perfect for that as well. And a couple other towns you may want to consider visiting:

Chiusi
Chianciano
Sarteano
Cetona
Bagni San Filippo

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise