www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Monteriggioni

Arrow Monteriggioni

Hi- We will be in Florence this July and would like to make it to the Medieval Festival on 7/8 in Monterrigioni. I know that there are tours that visit Siena and Monteriggioni and often San Gimignano. But if we take a tour, we won't have time to enjoy the festival.

What is the best way to travel there and back without a car from Florence?

Thank you

I'm sorry to say this but it isn't easy to get to Monteriggioni for the festival without a car using the bus system. The evenings and nights are the best times for the festival and at those times, buses are rare or non-existent.

If you absolutely want to go there for the festival, I recommend renting a car for the night --- or taking bus down there and staying the night in town or nearby. We've done this in the past, when we wanted to attend for 2 days and that way we didn't drive back ;-). We met a couple this past year who stayed in town using buses and that way planned their time and bus schedules accordingly.
    What to see in Tuscany? Check out ideas on our main website DiscoverTuscany.com!!

Stay updated: FOLLOW us on Facebook!