Transportation dilemma help needed

Sunnykatya

We are arriving in beautiful Florence in May at about 9:30AM on a Saturday. We have booked a rental car in Siena which we need to pick up before 1PM when they close. We chose to have the rental from Siena as my husband doesn't want to drive out of Florence. Here's my dilemma. I am in a wheelchair and don't know which is the best wheelchair accessible means of transportation to Siena. I believe hiring drivers would be very expensive and that taxis would cost over $100. I emailed Turismo Senza Barriere twice but never received a reply. Would the airport shuttle bus be accessible. Same question for the quick Florence to Siena bus. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Renting a car

Buongiorno -

If you are arriving at the Florence Airport then you will find that you don't need to drive Florence! The Autostrada (the A11 is the road you will take to get to Siena, exit at FI-Impruneta and then the FI-SI highway) is next to the airport and it is absolutely not difficult to navigate - you will not find any of the famous ZTL zones which people fear.

My suggestions, to make it easy for you in a wheelchair and for costs, re-book your car and leave from Florence. Saturday morning will have hardly any traffic and really you are very close to the main highway.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thank you

Thanks for your reply Donna Denise. Sorry for the delay as I just now saw your reply. I will discuss this option with my husband. It certainly makes sense.

Yes, if you're arriving in Florence airport, rent the car from locations close by and then drive out of Florence toward Siena -- you won't be driving in Florence's ZTL areas at all!

Yes, if you're arriving in Florence airport, rent the car from locations close by and then drive out of Florence toward Siena -- you won't be driving in Florence's ZTL areas at all!

Thank you. We have taken the advice given by many and have decided to drive out from the Florence airport car rental to around Buonconvento. We are looking for the quietist scenic route possible. Any route suggestions?

Is hiring cab at 3 in morning safe for a single girl in Tuscany ?

Hi

I have to attend a wedding in San Appiano, Metropolitan city of Florence, from where I would want to go to Florence (a 40 min drive according to google map) as my parents are staying over there.Do you think, it would be safe to take a cab at 3 in the morning? I could pre-book a cab, but i am really worried about my safety. Also, which website should I use to book my cab? Looking forward to your suggestion. Thanks

Booking a taxi

Buongiorno,

may ask - why 3 am?? Do you arrive in Florence at that time?

In any case, if you hire a taxi from an authorised taxi company, you should feel comfortable.

HOWEVER, I do wonder if the costs would be high. You may want to try pricing out a taxi company (http://www.4390.it) and also contact an NCC
- that is a driver with a car

I have used Simone: essemazzini (at) gmail.com

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise