2 days in Florence and 2 in Siena ... or..... 3 in Florence and 1 in Siena?

Jamesquinn57

Leave vernazza on Monday morning for four nights in the two cities before heading to Rome. Traveling by train. We were planning Florence first followed by Siena (2in each) because of distance on trains but I see a lot is closed in Florence on Monday. Should I flip the cities and deal with the extra train time, or spend 3 in Florence and 1 in Siena?

Florence on Monday

Buongiorno,

It is true that several things are closed on Monday - though there are still many things you can do in Florence.

Read here for a list of things information about things that are open on Monday.

Besides museums there are several monuments that are open, walking tours, churches, all of which can fill your day.

I suggest that you do 2 and a half days in Florence, leave late afternoon, sleep in Siena and spend a real full day in Siena.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Buongiorno,

It is true that several things are closed on Monday - though there are still many things you can do in Florence.

Read here for a list of things information about things that are open on Monday.

Besides museums there are several monuments that are open, walking tours, churches, all of which can fill your day.

I suggest that you do 2 and a half days in Florence, leave late afternoon, sleep in Siena and spend a real full day in Siena.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Donna Denise. Thanks so much for the quick response. Looking forward to visiting in July. Jim