No direct trains from Firennze SMN to Montecatini

jb12

I looked at Trenitalia schedule for August 2017 and discovered that there will not be direct traind between Florence and Monecatini. Only train to Pistoia and the bus to Montecatini Terme. I don't know what will be happening there. There are direct trains up to first week of August and then it stops.:(

Trains in August

Buongiorno,

this is correct. from 5 aug to 3 sept, there will be work on the train tracks to double their number and it will be necessary to use a bus to get to your final destination of Montecatini.

It is normal that train time schedules change as soon as school lets out (around June 13 - 17) so if you are looking today to calculate a future travel date - then be sure to duoble check the dates.

Buion Viaggio

Donna Denise

Thank you. You just confirm my suspicions. Is it worth to take BluBus instead? How far is it from Firenze train station?:confused:

Blubus

Buongiorno -

you will have to change buses either way - by train or BluBus. There is no BluBus that goes from Florence to Montecatini.

The bus station is just outside the train station. If you have the station to your back and you are looking at the backside of the church Santa Maria Novella - the BluBus buses will be to your LEFT. (there is another bus station to your right)

Personally I would just stick with the train, I am sure they are anticipating some confusion and will have extra info on site to guide you once you are in Pistoia and have to change trains.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

I just got this email from BluBus. Looks like there is a direct bus, however it is not close to Firenze SMN

we cannot yet inform you about scheduled service from Firenze to Montecatini on next august 2017, we can give you the information just from next June, please contact us again at that time.
Ticket price Firenze-Montecatini T. is € 4,50. The bus leaves from Via Gabbuggiani, near Stazione Leopolda-Porta al Prato, from Firenze SMN by tramway - stop Porta al Prato-Leopolda.
If you arrive in Florence SMN, it is possibile also, from that railway station, take the train to Montecatini T.- (line Firenze-Lucca-Viareggio).
Best regards,

BLUBUS S.c.ar.l.
Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico
NumeroClienti 848.800.730

Actually it isn't that far off, it is behind the station but you need to cross a major road. The tram that they suggest is just outside the main train station. If you have the train tracks to your back, it will be on your right hand side: Out the door, and down the steps...really, you can't miss them. I have used it several times, and it is pretty convenient.

Unfortunately, the Italian idea of being prepared usually means coming out with all the answers just two days before whatever is going to happen (we have the hardest time updating the events calendar because no one gives warning to programs, date changes or itineraries until the very last possible minute.)

Personally I would count on the bus change in Pistoia, and then as it gets closer to the departure day - do another search to see if they have come up with any other wonderful ideas:cool:. In the meantime we will keep our eyes open for any broadcasts, and then do a blog post on options as we get closer to the date.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Grazie!
Just wondering if it's easy to walk to bus stop with several pieces of luggage. I will reply if I see any changes. So far BluBus shows that it stops at Florence airport and then goes to Montecatini. Is Trenitalia more reliable then buses?

Hello,
Looks like that Trenitalia will not have a direct train from Firenze SMN to Montecatini. They offer to take train to Pistoia and then take bus to Montecatin Terme and then switch back to train to Montecatini Centro. Is it worth to go to Montecatini Centro or take taxi from Montecatini Terme to one of hotels in Montecatini? Originally I was going to take train to Montecatini Centro and the take taxi to my hotel.
Any suggestions?
Grazie

Montecatini

Buongiorno,

Personally, I suggest you contact the hotel and see what their suggestions are - they should have a better feel for the fast way to get you to the hotel. Not only, but you may need to actually reserve a taxi at the bus station - and they should be able to do that for you. Not all bus and train stations have a taxi line outside, so it is always best to be prepared!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise