Getting from Motepulciano train station to the town.

AliB

Hi, we are travelling around Tuscany in August and were planning on traveling from Florence to Montepulciano by train, and then hiring a car at the end of our stay in Montepulciano to drive around the countryside. My first question is, how to get from the train station to our accommodation in Montepulciano town, and then secondly where would be the best place to hire a car from that we could return to either Florence or Milan.
Any help or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Train to Montepulicano

Buongiorno,

The best way would be to have a taxi bring you to the accommodations. I suggest that you talk to the owner/manager at the place where you are staying and have them arrange for a taxi to meet you at the train station. DO NOT count on finding one there, small places like Montepulciano do not have many taxis so you need to make an appointment.

As for a car rental, I know that you can rent a car out of Chianciano Terme - though there are not many car rental choices. You can also rent a car out of Arezzo. However, some car rental place will actually arrange for a drop off where ever you are staying, obviously for a fee. Though the fee might not be too bad when you compare it to any surcharge you may need to pay if you rent in a small town and have a different drop off destination.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise