7 day tuscany trip -need help with itinerary

skarri

Hi,

I and my husband ,are planning to do a 7 day tuscany trip of the 15full days of italy , not including the travel days. The other 8 days we plan to do rome(3/4)/venice(2/3)/cinque terra(2).

I have gone through the 5/7 day tuscany by car itinerary on this site. But i am wondering if i can get away without renting a car. We are open to rent if necessary based on suggestions.

Here is what i am considering so far.

florence -2 days
1)duomo ,cathedral of santa maria
2)galleria deli uffizi
3)galleria dell academia—david
4)piazza della signoria/pont vecchio

do one full day of cooking class in a farmhouse in florence-1 day. May be explore more of florence in the evening

taste of chianti ,guided wine tour - full day from florence

pisa , lucca - do by train from florence as suggested on this site,

So all the above we plan to do with florence as base , to avoid checkin n out of hotels --total 5 nights/5 days

on 6 th day travel by bus/train to siena and explore the town .Stay overnight at siena and may be do a san gimignano/volterra on the 7 th day .I want to stay a night in siena ,because most of the tours from florence get back by evening.I am hoping this will allow us to wander these medieval towns during the night at leisure. also i haven't found any tours which do like 8/10 hours of just one town.Most of them club atlas 2/3 places , which i feel is too rushed or is it not??

My concern is more about the last 2 days.

How hard is it to cover those places without car in 2 days?? any suggestions for good guided tours which just do one town per day or max 2 from florence or siena...is staying a night at siena a good idea?? or is there any other town i should be doing in this itinerary and remove one them.

I welcome all suggestions.

Thanks
Sandy

Siena by night

Buongiorno,

Everything sounds really good - and I totally agree with the idea of Siena by night or actually any small town (personally I did San Gimignano with my sister by night - and we loved it once the tourists left :eek:)

If you have found the tours, then you don't really need to rent a car. And...if you wanted to do something more personalized you could look at getting a private driver. It might seem like a bit of an expense, but I do believe it is worth the investment. Read our article to see what to expect:
https://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-car-rental/tuscany-wine-and-drive.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise