Six minutes to switch trains in Empoli?

AndyH

Buon giorno - On 23 Sep I will be traveling from Poggibonsi to Pisa by rail. I notice that I need to switch trains in Empoli and that there are only 6 minutes to do that. I have two pieces of luggage (one backpack and one carry-on with wheels) I can move quite quickly, but just wonder if I should panic! I also assume that there will be a location near me to place the luggage on the regional trains and that the ticket I buy in Poggi will take me all the way to Pisa. Grazie...

Last edited:
Change over

Buongiorno,

I checked out the tickets - and are you sure the one you selected is only 6 minutes? From what I can see most give you at least 30 minutes to move around.

https://www.lefrecce.it/B2CWeb/search.do?parameter=searchOutputViewer&cFID=n900JVE5dQwC

The ticket will take you all the way to Pisa - and there might not be an area designated for luggage on the train, but you can easily keep it close to you.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thanks DonnaDenise!

I did check again and clicking at "Changes" it shows only 6 or 7 minutes between arrival in Empoli and departure from their to Pisa on the fast train...

One of them allowed 20 minutes...

Could I buy separate tickets (one to Empoli, and a second to Pisa)to be sure I had plenty of time?

Splendid forum, btw.

Thank you. Andy

two tickets

Ciao -

you can -- but I don't believe it is necessary. Can you send me the day and time you are looking at travelling, maybe I can give you more info.

Donna

poggi redux

Some friends and I have rented a big villa in Barberino Val d'elsa for a week to ride bikes. We leave Barberino on Saturday, Sep 23. I'll have someone drive me to Poggi in the morning, so times starting around 0900 or 1000 are fine...even later in the day is ok, too. The "Changes" arrow shows only 6-7 minutes for most transfers.
Grazie, Andy