3 Days in Tuscany

krmsf

Hello, we will be in Tuscany on Monday until Thursday.
Our base is Pienza.

Is this initieary doable? Any thoughts or tips are most welcome! What did I miss? Or what should I leave out?

Monday - Pienza, San Quirico D'Orcia, Montalcino
Tuesday - Montichiello, Montepulciano, Cortona
Wednesday - Siena(half day), San Gimignano, Volterra

We are early birds and start the day at around 7 a.m. and we have a rental car.

Thanks!

Buongiorno,
all the cities you have chosen are very nice to visit, but maybe they are too far one from the other.
We suggest you to follow this itinerary:
Monday:pienza, San quirico D'Orcia, Bagno Vignoni (we added this little village because it's very nice and there is a huge basin with thermal water on the main square), Montalcino
Tuesday:Montepulciano, Cortona (if you add Montichiello as well, you risk to spend too much time on the road)
Wednesday:Siena (you could visit the city and have lunch there - there are many restaurants where you can eat typical tuscan dishes), San Gimignano (again, if you add Volterra as well, you would spend too much time driving).
Have a nice holiday!

Itin

Buongiorno,

Great itin ideas, though I agree with Pro Loco Sovicille - Volterra will add a bit of an extra bit of road time.

Monticchiello is a bit of extra time, but the town is so small that it is possible. Along the road from Cortona to Montepulciano you could stop at Castiglione del Lago which is a charming little town on a lake.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise