Tuscany with kids in October: slow walks in the woods

turtlehouse

Hello
I'm so happy I found this site, what great ideas you share with us! We are couple with 2 kids aged 7 and 10 are going for 3.5 days in Tuscany in October. Since it's not our first visit in the region, we'd like to avoid Florence and Sienna sightseeing giving time to slow walks, cheese and winetasting. We're based in Cerreto Guidi between Florence and Pisa.
-Can you recommend a nice easy walk for 1-2 hours to see the beautiful landscapes? To go out of the car and return. The exact place.
-your idea with the Suspended bridge is great! What is the exact location? What to put on a navigator?
-What place can you recommend to taste cheese?
-Autumn woods are fabulous, is there a nice short trail in the woods in Northern Tuscany close to Cerreto Guidi
-What kids' activities can you recommend in case of rain?

Hiking and kids

Buongiorno,

the suspension bridge is an excellent stop for the kids, this link gives you some driving indications:
https://www.discovertuscany.com/pistoia/hike-a-suspension-bridge-at-abetone.html

Are you on our newsletter, we are coming out with an article listing some hiking suggestions for the fall this month ?

Fucecchio is close to where you will be staying - and I have been looking for a good excuse to check out all the activities they have hiking the marshlands. (for example click here)

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise