Pisa - Unsafe "Park and Ride" Parking near Leaning Tower

Masumi

Do not use "park and ride" parking at Via Pietrasantina in Pisa. Our rental car was broken in and our suitcases and backpack including everything - Laptop, tablet, clothes, shoes, books, etc within 2 hours between 10am and 12 noon yesterday on 6th November 2017. I asked the editor of Discover Tuscany to delete their recommendation fro this website.:mad:

Risks of Parking

Buongiorno,

Any theft is a horrible violation of your space and I am so sorry that happened to you - especially while on vacation.

Unfortunately, this type of thing happens all over the world and the only reasonable response is that we need to be more vigilant.

Sooooo - I would like to take this opportunity to remind travellers to extra care when leaving your car in a parking lot that has no custodian. (which are probably 99% of them): keep things covered or in the trunk and when possible just don't leave anything irreplaceable in the car - especially passports, credit cards, and any personal objects like jewelry.

We have just found a place in Florence, which makes it easy to store your valuables (computers, tablets, important docs) instead of leaving them in the car - (in Pisa you could try http://www.depositobagaglipisa.it/)

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise