Park2Go Question

neild66

Hello. We will be going to Florence in September. We are arriving in Florence but getting a rental and driving to the winery we are staying at in Chianti. I have 2 questions

1. How far a drive is it from Florence to Chianti (specifically Castellina in Chianti)
2. We plan to go to Florence for a day and saw the Park2Go parking near the Duomo. They say they will take care of the ZLT. But my question is, can I reserve it ahead of time and then give them the license plate the day before? We won't know the car rental license number till we get it when we are in Florence. Or is it best to just do it the night before. But I'm worried that it might sell out so I rather book it ahead of time.

Thank you for help

Parking in Florence

Buongiorno,

From Florence to Castellina in Chianti (for someone who knows the roads) is about an hour, for a new-bie to the Tuscan countryside, I would say give yourself about an hour an and half...remember your on vacation, enjoy the ride!

I personally suggest that you follow the itin that takes you from Florence to Greve in Chianti, Panzano and then Castellina in Chianti - the famous Chiantigiana or the 222.

As for the Park2Go. They need your licence plate number when you arrive. There is a government computer program where they will register you licence plate number upon arrival and it will automatically take it off of the list offenders. This is how they do it with hotels and other registered accommodations in the city center.

I have no experience with how busy this system gets, so I really can't give you an advise on booking ahead.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Ciao,

As far as the Car2Go garage, I would just book the day before if you're worried of it being too busy and want to make sure they have space. I think they don't really need your license plate until you get there, they will communicate the license plate to the police using software only once you reach them.