How to get back to hotel late at night?

Lillian

I've booked concert tickets at Piazza Di Santa Croce. The concert starts at 9pm and I guess it will end late perhaps 11pm. I'm concerned about how I should get back to my hotel which is at Via Della Fonderia. As I'm traveling alone, I'm concerned about safety. Can anyone give me some advice?

At 11pm, there generally are still lots of people about so you shouldn't feel unsafe at any time. You'll see once you're in town - the most important thing is to not take any of the smaller darker back streets, you'll be able to see them as they are definitely off the main streets where there are lots of shops, lights and people.

You have several options:
- walk back along the Arno
- bus: from piazza santa croce, walk up via verdi to the stop in front of the Post Office along Via Pietrapiana and get bus #23
---> this google map has both options mapped out: https://goo.gl/maps/4VeGTVuxLYx
- taxi: the easiest and fastest. There is a taxi stand at the end of the piazza furthest from the church, you can get a taxi there direct to your hotel. Ask for the female traveling alone at night discount, it is a 10% off the fare. You have to ask for it, as they don't automatically give it to you.
My only problem that I've encountered is sometimes not finding a taxi at the stands, so then if you don't want to wait around you have to call. So that requires you to have a phone to call - or to send text message or whatsapp message. The number for messaging to use is +39 334 6622550.

At 11pm, there generally are still lots of people about so you shouldn't feel unsafe at any time. You'll see once you're in town - the most important thing is to not take any of the smaller darker back streets, you'll be able to see them as they are definitely off the main streets where there are lots of shops, lights and people.

You have several options:
- walk back along the Arno
- bus: from piazza santa croce, walk up via verdi to the stop in front of the Post Office along Via Pietrapiana and get bus #23
---> this google map has both options mapped out: https://goo.gl/maps/4VeGTVuxLYx
- taxi: the easiest and fastest. There is a taxi stand at the end of the piazza furthest from the church, you can get a taxi there direct to your hotel. Ask for the female traveling alone at night discount, it is a 10% off the fare. You have to ask for it, as they don't automatically give it to you.
My only problem that I've encountered is sometimes not finding a taxi at the stands, so then if you don't want to wait around you have to call. So that requires you to have a phone to call - or to send text message or whatsapp message. The number for messaging to use is +39 334 6622550.

Thank you Lourdes! Most helpful.

I hope your concert went smoothly, and I hope you've had many more amazing travel experiences since then. If you ever plan a trip to Miami in 2023, feel free to check out Miami best area to stay for updated recommendations. Safe travels!

Last edited: