Restaurants in Castellina in Chianti: Catering

vykhanh

Hello,

I will be staying in Castellina in Chianti in August at a villa. I was wondering if there were any restaurants in the area that you would recommend for catering for a lunch and dinner. Nothing sophisticated just a traditional Italian meal.

Thank you,
Khanh

If you're interested in someone heading out to the villa to have the meal there, then most restaurants will not offer this service. Most are small and family-owned and just not organized to offer this extra service, particularly during the high season when they are busy preparing and serving patrons at their restaurant at every meal.

I would suggest considering instead a chef/cook to go to your villa and either take the meal and just serve or to actually prepare the meal there. I've seen many that offer this service, called "personal chef" and some also offer the same but as cooking lessons, where you cook your meal together. Depends on what you want.

I would recommend Fiamma and Ginny since I know them personally - take a look at my interview of what they do here:
http://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-cooking-classes/interview-kitchen-chez-nous.html
They go to your villa and prepare your meal there, so it might be worth looking into this as a possibility.