Best way to get to Lucca from Fiesole by 1000 am on a weekday

Edudik

Hi, this is Evan Dudik. I'm trying to go from Fiesole to Lucca at about 9:00 am on Sept 27. 2 people. Can you help me? Thanks, Evan

One of my favourite sites to give me a first preview of options is www.rometorio.com which gives you almost all travel options - bus, train, car, taxi, air etc as well as a combination. From Fiesole the first necessary step is to get down to Florence and the bus is the obvious solution. From Florence the choice is either bus again or train. Not much difference from the two choices.

Interesting resource craigmillar, I generally just use Google Maps since they give you good info on public transportation schedules and connections.

Either train or bus are the way to go - https://goo.gl/maps/rATFQDe6NoE2 - I like Google Maps because I like the feature of putting in the date and the time by either you have to leave or arrive at and then get the timetables in this way without needing to go to the trenitalia website or to the bus websites. I couldn't see that option in the site above, but still looks useful since it offers a wider range of options.