5 1/2 days In Tuscany - Recommended Accomodation options

Glen

Hi

I am travelling to Pisa on Saturday 13th October around 12 noon, with my wife and two grown-up daughters, aged 26 and 24.This is a special first time trip to Tuscany to celebrate my 60th Birthday on Monday 15th October.

I was considering hiring a car at Pisa airport and driving to central Tuscany with the idea of Staying Close to Sienna.
We would also love to see Florence, Chianti and San Gig plus Val,dor time permitting. I know you could easily spend three days in Florence alone but we would like to see as much as possible.

I wasnt to splash out on my birthday and enjoy a four course lunch with wines possibly at Vignamaggio in Chianti and possibly stay thee for one night.

So thinking Florence by Train and stay Saturday and Sunday before hiring a car and driing to Chianti with birthay lunch- so stay one night. Then Siena/San Gigiganano on the Wednesday and maybe then stay in Montacino and go to Pazzo Vecchio for another tasting and then drive Val'Dor to Montepluciano,

Would also like to see Lucca and we fly out from Pisa at 21.30 so could maybe see Lucca then?

In terms of accomadation options originally thought it would make sense to stay on farm or vineyard close to Sienna and drive everywhere from there. Alternatively maybe skip Florence on this trip and focus on central Tuscany.

Any tips on itineary given the time we have (one daughter has to fly back on the Wednesday) and best accomadation options would be appreciated plus best options for special birthday lunch and wie tasting if they are equal or better than the two I have found,

Many thanks

Glen