3 weeks in Tuscany, Umbria, Lakes Region

fpcedotal

We plan to spend 3 weeks from late April to early May with this general schedule: Florence, Chianti Region, Assis area, Siena, Lucca and Pisa, Cinque Terre, Milan to Lakes region, Milan.
Fly into Florence for 3 days, then plan is to rent a car leaving Florence and turn it in before going to lakes region. Going to Milan to turn in car and take train to lakes, then return to Milan for a few days before flying out of there.
Needs refinement. Looking for recommendations on villages to stay in Chianti region that are good for hopping out to other villages on day trips.
Thanks

Where to stay in Chianti

Buongiorno,

There are really so many options of where to stay in Chianti, and most all of them put you in a great position for exploring the beauty of the region.

I suggest you start with this link of places that we have personally visited to see if one of them clicks with your idea of a holiday, to be honest, I couldn't even begin to pick one above the others - they are all pretty amazing.:

http://www.chianti.com/accommodation/our-reviews/

If you have any further questions about these accommodations, just drop me a note2

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

3 weeks sounds great, how much time will you be dedicating to Florence/Tuscany over all? You can stay in a farmhouse or villa apartment for at least a week and use that as a base, Chianti area is definitely pretty central and works well, although you can also do a week in the central area and then move on for a few days to the Pisa/Lucca/CT area to visit those without having to backtrack during the week. You can at that point return car in Pisa or La Spezia, not necessarily back in Florence.