Rome to Siena to Pisa

jacquelyne

Buongiorno,

May I please trouble you for help with my Italy itinerary? I have accommodations booked, air from San Francisco to Rome, and most tours booked. I need help with getting to Tuscany and around Tuscany, then back to Rome for my flight back to the US.

Day 1: Rome to Siena (train or bus?)
Day 1-3 in Siena
Day 3: Siena to Pisa (train or bus?)
Day 3: Pisa to Rome (train or bus?)
Day 4: Return flight to US

Please help by providing high speed train information and bus information.

Grazie!

Here's my recommendations:

Day 1: Rome to Siena - bus with Flixbus, they have a direct bus now!

Day 1-3 in Siena (in case you want ideas for day trips, check this article out: https://www.discovertuscany.com/siena/what-to-do/day-trips-from-siena.html )

Day 3: Siena to Pisa - best is also with Flixbus, check the link above since it doesn't seem to do the run every day.

Day 3: Pisa to Rome - you can do either train or bus (again, I'd recommend flixbus), depends on WHERE you are staying in Rome. The train might be more convenient if you need to arrive at Termini or near there quickly as the train is faster, the bus instead goes to Tiburtina, Termini or even the Vatican.... but it takes longer because it requires bus change. Again, check both the flixbus site and the trenitalia website to see what works better for you.

Day 4: Return flight to US

Enjoy your time in Italy!

Siena to Pisa alternative mode of transport

Dear Lourdes,
Thank you for your reply. I checked and there is a Flixbus available on the trip from Rome to Siena for my chosen date, but not on the date of 23 Oct in which I travel from Siena to Pisa.

Can you advise regarding this portion of the trip as to which train from Siena to Pisa, and which station in Pisa that has luggage storage if I am going to Pisa to see the Leaning Tower?

Finally, thanks for pointing me to the website for tours in Siena. I found a perfect wine tasting tour which I will reserve. Grazie!