Pisa airport to Florence

Claireh

Hi I am arriving at Pisa airport but need to go straight to Florence. Is it better to go into Pisa central and get a train or is a bus straight from the airport better?

At the moment, the buses from the Pisa airport to Florence and the train take roughly about the same time, but I believe it is more convenient to just take the bus directly from the airport. Both arrive at the same train station (SMN) so there isn't difference there, but if you take the train, you do need to go to Pisa Centrale, change trains and then move on to Florence. I'd choose the train option only if the bus schedule is not convenient to when you arrive.

At the moment, the buses from the Pisa airport to Florence and the train take roughly about the same time, but I believe it is more convenient to just take the bus directly from the airport. Both arrive at the same train station (SMN) so there isn't difference there, but if you take the train, you do need to go to Pisa Centrale, change trains and then move on to Florence. I'd choose the train option only if the bus schedule is not convenient to when you arrive.

If I'm planning to use a bus service, should I book in advance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter

If you're arriving during day time, I would suggest to just wait and buy your ticket once you're here --- that way you don't have to select a specific time and get anxious if your flight is late. I only suggest to book ahead if you're arriving really late or early in the day.

If you're arriving during day time, I would suggest to just wait and buy your ticket once you're here --- that way you don't have to select a specific time and get anxious if your flight is late. I only suggest to book ahead if you're arriving really late or early in the day.

Thanks very much for your advice.