Public transport from Pisa Airport to Montecatini

Gaffer71

Buona sera
My wife and sons will be staying in Montecatini for a few days in July as part of a Youth Orchestra tour. I have looked into flights with a view to joining them for a long weekend myself, but i cannot find any info on how I can get from Pisa Airport to and from the town. I know there is a station at Montecatini Terme but searches on a number of websites drew a blank when it came to planning a bus or train trip, and emails to the tourist info centre in Pisa have come back with address unknown....
Can anyone help? I was quite excited about it as it would mean being in Tuscany on my birthday, but now I feel a bit flat!
Grazie!

Getting to Montecatini

Buongiorno,

One of the best solutions that I am finding is to use the Pisa People Mover from the airport to Pisa Centrale (the main train station in the city center ) this takes approximately 10 minutes, you can buy the tickets at the station.

And then from the main station, you can find a direct train to Firenze SMN which will stop in Montecatini Centro. This looks to take about an hour. There are a few train combinations, I would ask them to give you the direct route.

Again you can get these tickets at the Pisa airport, there is an FS train ticket office. It used to be to the right of the doors that you exit after customs.

You may enjoy looking at this article which could give you a couple of ideas of places to visit around Montecatini without a car...one may be perfect for a super-duper b-day celebration!

https://www.discovertuscany.com/montecatini/day-trips-from-montecatini.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Grazie DonnaDenise.

Could you send me a link to the timetable please? I need to make sure I can get back to the airport in time for my return home. The flight leaves at 1040 in the morning so I would need to leave Montecatini quite early.

Buongiorno,

One of the best solutions that I am finding is to use the Pisa People Mover from the airport to Pisa Centrale (the main train station in the city center ) this takes approximately 10 minutes, you can buy the tickets at the station.

And then from the main station, you can find a direct train to Firenze SMN which will stop in Montecatini Centro. This looks to take about an hour. There are a few train combinations, I would ask them to give you the direct route.

Again you can get these tickets at the Pisa airport, there is an FS train ticket office. It used to be to the right of the doors that you exit after customs.

You may enjoy looking at this article which could give you a couple of ideas of places to visit around Montecatini without a car...one may be perfect for a super-duper b-day celebration!

https://www.discovertuscany.com/montecatini/day-trips-from-montecatini.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Sure thing, but I need the exact date because the times vary according to the date.

It is possible that the times for July have not yet been published, they change (ever so slightly) the times when the school year ends.

But I will send you a link that you can check out: https://www.trenitalia.com/en.html you will be going from Montecatini Centro to Pisa Centro and then take the Pisa people mover to the train station (10 minute ride) - don't look at the Pisa fermato aereoporto destination ... it won't get you there.

JULY is not yet published (just checked) try again in a month or two

AS OF TODAY (so I used March as a travel date) on weekdays, and it looks like on Sundays, you will be taking

Montecatini Centro departure at 06:58am arrival at 08:25am Pisa Centrale with no changes and the train rides is 1h 27'
Treno Regionale 3040

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denie