www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: how to get from florence airport (FLR) to Santa maria novella train station area

felicia is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default how to get from florence airport (FLR) to Santa maria novella train station area

Hi there! i will be in florence in july and understand that there is a tram that i can take from the airport to city centre. Can i know upon arrival where can i purchase the ticket ( if possible pls advise me on the location) and how much does it cost to travel from airport to Santa Maria Novella Train station as my accomodation is near there. I also know that i would need to purchase a ticket for my luggage as well. How much will it cost and lastly how long is the ride? We are a party of 5 so does it make sense to get a taxi instead? Txs for all your help

Felicia

DonnaDenise is offline Senior Member - Expert about Tuscany

Default Using the Tram

Buongiorno -

I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet - but I have been hearing good things from everyone!

Read this blog post with more detailed info:

https://www.visitflorence.com/blog/tram-line-t2-open/

You won't need a ticket for your luggage and adults are 6Euros each.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Densie

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

The ticket costs 1.50 euro and you DO NEED a ticket for your luggage! You can get it directly at the ticket automatic machine at the tram stop. So 3 euros per person, with 5 people it is definitely still cheaper than a taxi.

The ride is about 20 minutes, if I remember correctly, from one end to the other end.
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.