From Pisa airport to Florence

Dee

Hi guys!

I am planning to arrive at Pisa airport and then travel to Florence. I have already checked the train and shuttle bus schedules. It would be really easy to take a shuttle bus from Pisa airport and go straight to Firenze SMN, if only I wouldn't like to visit also the centre of Pisa.:)
Can you please give me any advice how to travel from the airport to the Pisa centre – should I take a bus or train, or maybe it's easy to walk there? And what is the best way to go to Florence then?

Thank you in advance!:)

Transports from Pisa Airport - Leaning Tower - Florence

Dear Dee,

To reach Piazza dei Miracoli, where you'll find the famous and beautiful Leaning Tower of Pisa, from the Pisa airport you can take the red LAM line bus. It connects the airport to both Pisa's central station and to Piazza dei Miracoli. You have to get off at the "Ospedale S. Chiara" bus stop, just 5 minutes from the Leaning Tower.

Otherwise, you can take a train to Pisa central station from the airport which runs every 30 minutes and then from there walk to Piazza dei Miracoli - it is about a 30 minute walk. It isn't far but if you have luggage.... maybe better to go straight with the bus from the airport.

From Piazza dei Miracoli to the Pisa station you can either walk back or take the same red LAM line bus (going in the opposite direction from where you came from).

Then from Pisa's Centrale station take the train to Florence. Here you can check train schedules.
You can check more options on getting to Florence from the Pisa airport on this page.

I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to come back with any other questions! :)

Dear Valentina,

thank you for your reply, it really helped:) Can you please tell me – is it better to buy a train ticket to Florence on the internet, or I can buy it somewhere at the station or on the train? I have read in other posts that it's easy to buy tickets at the station, only I don't speak Italian, but of course I can try:)) Hopefully ticket person (seller) understands what I'm trying to tell:))

Train Ticket from Florence to Pisa

Dear Dee,

trains from Pisa to Florence are regional train and you don't have to buy tickets in advance, since you don't need to reserve seats.

I suggest you buy tickets either at airport or at the train station.At the airport's information office you can buy both train and bus tickets and they speak English. At the train station you can buy the tickets either at the automatic vendor machine or at tickets office, both will speak English. You can even buy train tickets to Florence at tobacco shop inside the train station. It sells flat fare tickets. The price for the ticket to Florence is 5,80 euro. I'm sure the tobacconist speaks English, but if he doesn't you can ask for: "Un biglietto del treno per Firenze" ;)

I wish you a nice day and don't hesitate to come back :)