Cinque terre and Tuscany

EvieandChris

Myself and my partner are planning our trip for August, we will fly into Pisa on the 12th and won't fly home until morning of the 24th. While we have some parts of our trip planned other parts we aren't sure on!
Firstly, we don't know if we should travel up to Cinque Terre after landing at noon in Pisa, spend the afternoon there and then stay the night, have a wonder in the morning and then train to florence where we will hire a car and then drive to chianti hotel. Is the cinque terre worth visiting and will this be too rushed or enough time?

We know we want to set up base in Chianti region, have a few days to relax and also a few days to travel back and forth to Florence, Siena, and perhaps some neighbouring villages. We also want to do a wine tasting day and a cooking class too while there.

We are not sure how long to stay there for and then whether to go south to Val d'orcia area, perhaps visit a hot spring? Is there anything else thats good to visit south? Finally travelling back to Pisa to spend a day and night before catching our flight home.

Opinions on our plan so far would be greatly appreciated and any help or guidance! We are both in our 20s and never been to Italy before.

Are you planning to visit Florence or simply hire a car there? My understanding is that driving in Florence can be complicated. How about renting the car in Pisa instead, after you have visited Cinque Terre? That way you could return the car to Pisa when you return for your flight. Just a thought.

Are you planning to visit Florence or simply hire a car there? My understanding is that driving in Florence can be complicated. How about renting the car in Pisa instead, after you have visited Cinque Terre? That way you could return the car to Pisa when you return for your flight. Just a thought.

Yes that does sound much better! Thanks!

Visit to neighbouring villages

Buongiorno,
if you haven't decided yet, you may visit Sovicille which is a little, beautiful village near Siena. There are a lot of things to discover inside his territory for example Torri's cloister which is open only on mondays and fridays from 9 am to 12 pm.
Another place to visit could be the abbey of San Galgano, just 20 minutes from Sovicille, liked from all over the world because of the small church called "Eremo di Montesiepi", with the famous sword in the rock linked to the medieval legend of the Holy Grail.
For more information about Sovicille's territory you could visit the website: http://www.prolocosovicille.it/
Hope your holidays in Tuscany will be great ;)

Visiting Tuscany

Buongiorno,

Both of the above suggestions are very valid. I would add that you consider Cinque Terre on the tail end of your vacation instead of fresh off the plane.

Head out from Pisa to enjoy Chianti and the Tuscan countryside and then do you last night or two nights in Cinque Terre. Yes it is busy and yes it is crowded but that doesn't mean that it isn't worth visiting !!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise