Getting to Bibbiena

NancyO

There are going to be eight of us traveling from Rome to a villa just outside of Bibbiena in mid October. I have found a train to Arezza from Rome but have been unable to find transportation to Bibbiena from there. Is there a separate train or a bus line that will take us on into Bibbiena?

Bibbiena

Buongiorno

there is a train line that leaves from Arezzo on the "1N" track that runs regularly between Arezzo and Bibbena.
It costs about 3 euro each way and runs rather frequently. You can buy your ticket at the newspaper stand at the train station. Sundays and the last run sometimes are substituted with a bus - be .sure to ask when you get your ticket. It is about a 40 minute ride

http://www.trasportoferroviariotoscano.it/index.php/Viaggia-con-noi/Orari-dei-treni

It will be Arezzo P. Stia (Pratovecchio and Stia are the final destinations, Bibbibea is in the middle) Pls note that the time schedule will change in September when the school season starts. The train runs from about 7 in the morning till 7 in the evening.

Once you are in Bibbiena, you need to make arrangements - normally there is no taxi waiting at the train station. Speak to the owner of the villa to get more details.

PS - this is my area, I lived here for over 14 years (Poppi) and now I live closer to Arezzo. Be sure to enjoy the local scenery - castles - churches and monasteries...Casentino is wonderful, especially in the fall!!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise