Driving in winter

Hello, my parents and me want to visit Tuscany in February, and we are wondering if driving in winter is safe/easy/advisable. Does it snows frequently? Do I need to know how to drive in cold/snowy weather?

While you are required to have snow chains in the car from November through April, unless you go up in the mountain (Apennines, Monte Amitata, Abetone) you won't be finding much snow anywhere in Tuscany.
Snow is very rare, if it does get cold enough it might snow and be gone by mid morning.
At most, you might find some frost on your windshield in the morning.

So driving in general in February should not be complicated at all! Where are you planning on staying? Even if you stay in the countryside outside of the city, you likely won't have any problems at all with driving.

Thank you

While you are required to have snow chains in the car from November through April, unless you go up in the mountain (Apennines, Monte Amitata, Abetone) you won't be finding much snow anywhere in Tuscany.
Snow is very rare, if it does get cold enough it might snow and be gone by mid morning.
At most, you might find some frost on your windshield in the morning.

So driving in general in February should not be complicated at all! Where are you planning on staying? Even if you stay in the countryside outside of the city, you likely won't have any problems at all with driving.

Thank you for your guidance Lourdes! We want to stay in Florence,and a farmhouse near Siena.