www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: 1 day Tuscan Tour from Florence in March

kewlmallu is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default 1 day Tuscan Tour from Florence in March

WE are visiting Italy for 1 week vacation in March from Canada and have a couple of days in Florence/Tuscany in March 2020. We were thinking of spending one day on a tour of Pisa, San Gimignano and Siena. Should we go on a tour bus or should we hire a car with a driver (we are not planning on renting a car).
    I see several limo tours but they seem quite expensive and i am worried about being sent to some wineyard for an expensive lunch that we wont like very much.
    I would prefer to get a safe but not exorbitantly expensive driver and car. Any suggestions?

DonnaDenise is offline Super Moderator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Default drivers

Buongiorno -

I can give you the whatsapp for a two drivers and you can check their prices - they both speak English, and I have used all three with friends and family, so they are all reliable:

Beppe: +39 392 140 0056
    Simone: +39 334 705 3211

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Lourdes is offline Administrator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Francesco from Tuscany Wine & Drive is both a private chauffeur as well as a sommelier - so he can definitely take you to the best wineries!! Here's my interview with him so you can better evaluate whether it works for you:
    https://www.discovertuscany.com/tusc...and-drive.html
    Consider that private drivers are not a cheap service, and that his service covers both the driving as well as the tour as you go along and the wine tastings, so it is all in one service. Other drivers will just drive, they cannot tell you anything as you go along.

The alternative is also a small group tour - be added on with a few other people and that way you spend a little less as opposed to a large bus tour. Here are a few of those: http://tours.discovertuscany.com/en/...chianti%20tour
    In the beginning stages of planning to come to Tuscany? Make sure to read Where to Stay in Tuscany WITH a car and Where to Stay in Tuscany WITHOUT a car for ideas on where to stay in Tuscany. Also read When to Visit Tuscany to decide when is the best times for your visit.