www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Car Hire Options

RussMaz is offline Junior Member - Learning about Tuscany

Default Car Hire Options

Hello from Tasmania, Australia,
    We are travelling to the Tuscany region mid Feb and staying at Club Wyndham:- Karma Borgo de Colleoli resort, Via Panoramica, 20, Colleoli – 56036, Palaia ( PI ), Italy.
    We will be coming from Rome via train, we'd like to organise a hire car on the way and drive to the resort, any advice on the best location (town/city) to pick up a car (I don't fancy driving from Rome), I'm sure once we're in the region we'll be able to work out some great things to do but any advice on must see's at that time of year would be appreciated.

Russell

DonnaDenise is offline Super Moderator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Default Car Hire

Buongiorno,

Your best option is probably catching the train to Florence and then pick-up your car in Florence. I'm not sure it would be worth the cost to pick up a car in Pisa, you will have to change trains, ecc.

There are several major road options to go from Florence towards Pisa and you will find that there are several car rental options close to the train station with (fairly) easy access to the main highways.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise