5 day in Tuscany

mak

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Tuscany for 5/6 days and i wanted to know if the itinerary below is do-able/reasonable.

and also if you can recommend places/areas/villas or farmhouses to stay at. I will be travelling with my Husband and we will have a car.

Day 1-
AM: arrive from Venice by train
AM/PM: sightsee around florence
Stay overnight in Florence

Day 2
AM: visit uffizi Gallery
AM/PM: pick up rental car to drive to Lucca via Pisa
Stay overnight in Lucca

Day 3
Day trip to the Cinique Terre (weather permitting) OR stay in Lucca
Stay overnight in Lucca

Day 4
AM: drive to siena via chianti
Stay overnight near Siena

Day 5
Wine tasting in Valdorcia and a half day cooking class
Stay overnight near Siena

Day 6
Drive to Sorrento

Thanks so much !!!

some tips and suggestions

Ciao Mak,

Your itinerary definitely looks doable, you have already done a great deal of planning in dividing up travel between each place. You don't say when you travel so I imagine you shouldn't have problems with weather in Cinque Terre or Sorrento.

Just a few suggestions:
- definitely visit Siena! it is a quaint medieval town which retains its small village feeling.

- driving from Lucca to Siena - if you want to drive through Chianti, you basically have to head to Florence first and then head south through Chianti making the first part of your drive not very panoramic.

If instead you want to take a different drive, panoramic nonetheless - you could take one of these two routes:

Panoramic drive 1: Some stops recommended along the way - San Miniato and Certaldo and Monteriggioni.

Panoramic drive 2: Stops along the way - Volterra and Colle Val d'Elsa and Monteriggioni.

You'll also make more stops along the way to stop and take pictures of the pretty landscapes :).

As for places to stay - in Florence, definitely take a look at the various B&Bs within the center, such as Casa dei Tintori, Casa del Garbo, the Johanna and Johlea - there are many elegant, romantic choices perfect for you and your husband.

Near San Gimignano, I recommend Casolare di Libbiano or in San Gimignano this apartment Attico. Take a look here for more suggestions for the accommodations around and in Siena.

Hope I've been helpful!